Every year on 12 November, World Pneumonia Day is celebrated across the globe to raise awareness about pneumonia; promote interventions to protect against, prevent and treat pneumonia; and generate action to combat pneumonia.
Help us raise awareness by sharing these facts!
- Pneumonia is the #1 killer of children under age 5 worldwide.
- 99% of all childhood deaths from pneumonia occur in the developing world.
- Pneumonia is solvable - Pneumonia is one of the most solvable problems in global health. We have the safe, effective and affordable tools necessary to help prevent children from contracting pneumonia and to treat those suffering with this illness. See how!
- We can win the fight - To advance progress, we must continue to scale up interventions that we know will save children's lives, including continued access to vaccines, proper antibiotic treatment, improved sanitation, as well as the promotion of practices such as breastfeeding frequent hand washing, care seeking, and the use of clean cook-stoves to reduce indoor air pollution. See the info-graphic!
- Make pneumonia a priority: Join the Coalition Together we can ensure that everyone works together to make pneumonia a priority. Join the Global Coalition against Child Pneumonia.